Misery Inspires is a fansite dedicated to Silver Lake's favorite hipsters, Silversun Pickups. They've been active since 2000. They play rock music. Their lead singer is in fact not a girl.
Misery Inspires was first incepted in early 2016 and went read-only in early 2023. It was my first web project, and it showed. The name comes from a line in "The Royal We", off Swoon. You can find more about me on my personal site or contact me at email@example.com, if you're inclined.
- 2/20/2023: One last update as we move to read-only status on the Somnolescent Archives (see here for why). Press releases for all the albums up to and including Widow's Weeds.
- 1/24/2022: All of the interviews I had saved are converted! Rock Hall from 2013, Disorder Magazine from 2016, and "Epilogue" from 2009. These took an intense amount of digging, and for the latter, I still can't source out where exactly it came from. Thanks, me six years ago! Still, better you can read it than it languish in my files forever.
- 1/23/2022: Eight new interviews! AXS, two from Billboard, Drowned in Sound, KROQ, Under the Radar, Philly Voice, and Guitar.com. A bunch of these are from text files that I couldn't find sources on two years ago, and there's a few properly new ones in the bunch from the Widow's Weeds media tour. Still a few more in text files (that I'll be lucky if I can get any hint on), plus some miscellaneous band writeups I'm debating what to do with (press releases, tour diaries, and the like).
- 1/21/2022: A page on my Silversun Pickups collection! This is potentially prime to go out of date soon, but probably not, so come peek at what I've got in the collection.
- 1/20/2022: Classy me, a year and two months without an update! I'm in a Pickups-y mood, so I've updated the former song guide to be an exhaustive discography, easier to browse and now containing their compilation appearances. I got some more site upgrades I wanna do, so sit tight...
- 11/21/2020: At long last, the interview archive is live! This took a lot of work on my part, seeing as addle-brained 16-year-old me saved my stash of interviews in text files, often without links or references. Took some sleuthing. Still! Lots of really curious reads in there. I'll add more if I find more good ones, this is hardly exhaustive.
- 11/19/2020: Long time no see! I have a really big project brewing in the works, an entire new site section, but for now, have a new gallery of some old-school SSPU photos, rescued from a now-defunct blog. These date to late 2006 when they were touring with Viva Voce.
- 5/30/2020: Hi, sorry for the radio silence! I don't think the site's gotten an update since I launched it last year, too many projects...the Widow's Weeds song previews work now, thankfully, and I still have a ton of interviews to format and archive, promise. Gotta hunt down more photos too.